Monday, November 16, 2009

Claire hits double digits! Happy Birthday to my baby!




Exactly ten years ago today our baby was born. I used to say she was an angel sent straight from heaven. She was the best baby! Ever since she was five she has been saying, "I don't want to have a birthday and get older!" Then we would both pretend cry together. Sometimes as a Mom, it is hard to accept the fact that your kids have to grow up. That has been especially hard with Claire. Maybe its because she is so sweet, maybe its because she is my last one, or maybe it is just because I enjoy our times together so much. Whatever the reason, time still comes and snatches childhood away from them. I guess I should be happy, and i am, but sad at the same time. Claire brings joy, youthfulness, and innocence to our family and for this I am truly grateful. She will forever be my baby and forever I will love her! Happy Birthday, Claire Bear!

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe she's 10! I love the idea of the pretend cry on birthdays. I'm already experiencing mixed feelings as Tucker gets older and Tyler is REALLY feeling the loss as he misses most of these last few months before Tucker turns two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you guys crying over birthdays. That is so funny. I can't believe she's so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woops! I'm using a different computer and it has all of Kevin's sign-in information. That comment was from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, your comment about Claire is beautiful. We miss our children as if each one is the youngest.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete